If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Flu?

What the hell is the definition of influenza? Do the symptoms vary based on the strain of virus? I'm home again, sicker than a dog. Both my parents are ill as well (of course I caught it from them).

I think I have the flu, but I don't even know how to describe how I feel. Well I don't want to share the gorey details with all the world in any case. I think if my head were to be run over by a truck, it would be similar to how I'm feeling.

The fact that I'm not sleeping doesn't help any. I went to bed at 9 PM last night and was STILL AWAKE at 6 AM. I finally fell asleep and then got up at 9 AM. I know the recipe for getting well is resting, and I'm trying, but my body isn't cooperating.

The good news is that the lack of appetite has kept me off the food for a few days. How many more days can I go without food? It's not anorexia, it's all about the "flu diet."

Off to the Dr. I go... in the morning.

4 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fluids, fluids....fluids! Flush it out!

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom got sick with something that is apparently a "bad cold". It took her out for a few days. I think I'm getting a small cold here. I guess it's just that time of year. Feel better.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Tylenol PM is the BEST! I bought some yesterday (on the way home from the doc) and I slept for 10 hours last night.

Ahhhhh, sweet sleep.

I'm drinking lots of water, juice and tea too Amis.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been kind of sick all week too, but middle schoolers will do that to you... my annual cold starts in Septemner, and last stil June...

hope you're feeling better...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home