If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Run Over by My Own Car!

My mom ran me over with my van tonight. Seriously.

We had picked up the three dogs from the groomers on the way home from work, so the van was very full. When my mom pulled into the driveway (she picked me up, so she was driving) I got out of the passenger side and a bag of paperwork fell out.

As I was bending over to pick it up, with the passenger door open, my mom asks if she should use the emergency brake. Their driveway is at a 45 degree angle (incline) and I said, "Um, yeah." And it was just as snotty sounding as it reads.

She applied the emergency brake and took her foot off the other brake and the car lurched backwards about 6 inches or so. Unfortunately, I was still bent over, with the door pressed against my side, picking up the papers. The ENTIRE weight of the van pushed me about 6 inches on my side. It's so sore and tender. I can barely move.

It occurred to me to go to Urgent Care, maybe get an x-ray, make sure I didn't have internal bleeding, see if I bruised a kidney (but I have two!) but I had book club ("A Widow's Walk") so I did that instead. I just got back, and it's still super sore.

If it's still bad in the morning, and I'm still alive, I PROMISE I'll get it checked out.

This does officially count as my mom running me over though, right?

4 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooo, Shannon. Those are my racing stripes!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

One of these days, I'm going to have to take away her keys.

Now THAT will be a fight!

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom just hits inanimate object... trash cans.. parked cars...

It's a good thing I got my license before she did...I drove her around, not the other way around...

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

My right side STILL hurts. That's messed up....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home