If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Monday, December 26, 2005

The Day After Sales

Holy Man!

I had an idea, to get some gifts that I know I need for people this year by going shopping at the after Christmas sales, which began this morning. Many, MANY other people had the same idea!

I set my alarm to get up early (way too early considering I spent 13 hours Christmas-ing and traveling yesterday) and packed Aldo into the van and drove off to Target. I was thinking that maybe they would open around 7:00 AM.

When I pulled into the Target parking lot at 7:02 AM, it was PACKED! Not only was the lot packed, the store was packed. I think there was a cashier on every register.

The Christmas items were ALREADY picked over by the time I got there (did they open at 6:00?) and it was more crowded than anything I've dealt with lately.

I shopped for about an hour and then spent a half an hour in line. It was still worth it though as many excellent gifts were purchased!

When I got back out to the car, little Aldo was sleeping soundly. A little shopping never fazed him (and he's so good at waiting in the car).

Most of my actual Christmas revolved around getting gifts for my mom, dad, aunt and Grandma. Oh, and ALL of their dogs (2 for mom and dad, and one each for Aunt and Grandma).

I can't believe how many balls, squeaky toys, jingle collars, Greenies, and rawhides were purchased for the 4 legged members of our family. And miss Lexa (she just turned 2, but my folks got her last January so it's our first x-mas) was a good car rider. THANK GOD! Dogs that are bad car riders are only allowed to ride in my car once!

I spent the rest of the day doing dishes, paying bills, doing laundry, cleaning up a few rooms, unpacking more boxes, etc.... All that domestic bullshit that I wish I had enough money to hire out. I'm hiring all that junk out someday!

I watched Elf too, because it is such a cute (and funny) movie. And as a musician, I must say, the music freaking ROCKS in that film!

Merry-merry to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home