If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What the Hell is a Blog Anyway?

My cousin called me last night and as we were discussing various plans and upcoming events I mentioned that I had started a blog and there was some news there (here!) as well. He's 31 years old, college educated and owns a computer, but he asked me, "What's a blog?"

I realized almost immediately that I spend HOURS (9? 10? 11?) a day on a computer both at work and at home. I explained to him that there are all kinds of blogs, some are personal, some political, some famous people have them out there for all to read. My dad is always getting excited about Will Wheaten's blog. MY RETIRED DAD KNOWS WHAT A BLOG IS!!!!!!

To recover from looking like a guy who doesn't know what's happening in the world my cousin finally said, "It's really nice outside here in California, so we usually go do stuff other than sit inside at a computer." Oooh, burn.

Maybe I need to turn off the computer and turn on life (or something.... my friends' mom has a bumper sticker that says that, but for TV).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home