If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Two Houses are Sucking Me Dry

I received some of my tax forms in the mail last night. You know, I understood that I have been a little short of cash, and that moving this year was a little bit expensive.

Somehow it had slipped my attention that between 5 different mortgages (first mortgages, second mortgages, home equity lines of credit, etc...) this year I paid $9000 in mortgage interest. NINE THOUSAND. Cash money! Holy crap. That's a very large percentage of what I take home.

The positive side is that it should be a good year for my tax return!

3 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, tax return! Yay, people who say 'cash money'!!!

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIce. I'm close to that with my mortgage interest, and Grad School Tuition....

Can't wait to get my checks from the Fed, and State....so I can hand them right over to the Dane County, and the City of Madison for my property taxes.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Don't even get me started on my student loan interest and property taxes!!!!!

My property taxes were $4500 this year (at the new house).

My bills are out of control!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home