If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Friday, March 17, 2006

Anonymous Love

My neighbors rule and they mean the world to me! As I was getting home from my birthday festivities, and just sort of deciding that I wouldn't shovel the accumulation of our mini-blizzard, I was stunned to see that one of my neighbors had snow-blown my ENTIRE driveway and sidewalk. Yay! One of the best birthday presents. Except it was anonymous, so I have no idea who to thank.

One of my out-of-state friends sent me balloons and some lucky bamboo to work (and showed some amazing investigative skills in tracking down my office I might add, T you are such a detective!) and I got cards and e-mails and phone calls all day too. A friend took me out to lunch, and some other friends met for dinner. I got to watch my dad interact with some small children (and it was hilarious!) and he'll be a good g-pa someday. And lastly, one pal showed up to my place for dessert (and more gifts, yay!). Really, it turned out to be a great day. I don't even feel old or anything!

Apparently my cousin broke his cell phone while snowboarding last week. I'm sure that's why he hasn't called.... Is that the kind of activity you leave your phone in your pocket for?

And a super-mega-congrats to J.G. on the FABULOUS new job. I admit I'm a little jealous (2%) but I am 98% fucking thrilled for you!!!!!!

Happy St. Patty's Day to all my Irish brothers and sisters (even the black Irish...) out there! Represent, yo. I need that luck-o-the Irish for an important "meeting" this afternoon.

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, we state workers know how to find each other! Funny cell phone story--my friend lost his on a coaster at Busch Gardens! Oops. Guess we should have used a locker. -T

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the well-wishes. So far, so good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home