If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!

I was offered a new job this morning as a Budget and Policy analyst in the Secretary's office of another State Agency. WOO-HOO!!!! This is big stuff, a promotion, and an excellent career move.

It's hard to believe I've been in my current job for 5 years, and I am really, really going to miss my friends. =( So hopefully we'll keep in touch since I'll only be about 6 blocks away.

I'm still in shock! I can't believe that after 4 years of trying to get a new job, I FINALLY have the title I've been looking for. It's like at the end of Princess Bride when the Spanish guy says, "I've been in the revenge business for so long, now that it's over I don't know what to do with myself!" And Wesley says, "Have you ever considered piracy? You'd make an excellent Dread Pirate Roberts!"

7 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.... Whent's the party?

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

PAR-TAY!!!!!!

You're right, I need to do something celebratory. I have no idea what/when or where!

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. I had a good feeling about this one. We'll have to talk soon.

lil t

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay... I'll tell you what you do! You party!

It seems like everyone else thinks so too!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Shan-O! Now, send some of that "new job" energy my way!

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to you! I am so pleased to hear that you have found the perfect job being that only took you four years (smile). Much success to you in your new position. Oh yeah when is the celebration?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home