If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Adios Texas

My flights home yesterday were rough. I had two legs to the trip. To top it off, they offered me a free flight to bump my 2nd flight from last night to this morning (which was so tempting as a free flight rocks and I was moderately green at the gills from the first flight) but I wouldn't get home until 12:30 PM today and I have an interview at 1:30. Oops. So instead I arrived home on schedule, at 9:00 last night. And miraculously, I never puked (that was also tempting).

Speaking of that, I should get ready for that interview soon. It's my second interview at a different state department to do policy and budget work for the Secretary's office. It would be a promotion, and ultimately a great career move. I need to get my head back in that frame of mind, as it's completely possible that I'm still mentally on vacation.

I miss Texas already, or at least I miss lil-t and baby Wes. It's nutty to think how much he will have changed the next time I see him. Holy man! It makes me want babies too, although lil-t told me to keep that to myself when I'm on dates with boys. Ha, boys.

I have a first date with a new boy tomorrow. He's a professor and involved in some ultra-liberal volunteering and fundraising activities. And he's a dog lover! Please keep fingers crossed for me, OK?

I was surprised to hear how many Texas state employees I met (as I had my tour on the OTHER side of the velvet ropes in the Capitol) weren't Bush fans. They used to call him "Governor Shrub" because he's the LITTLE Bush. Heh. There's hope, even for Texas.

Oh yes, I'm still focusing on selling my budgetary strengths, and all that jazz.... maybe I should go scare up a suit to wear.

Later Y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home