If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Friday, August 17, 2007

Sounds Like.....

Last night there was some HUGE parade happening outside my office building. They closed down major downtown streets, and had to re-route the city buses, etc... And they didn't really tell us about it ahead of time. Oops!

When I was leaving work there were a bunch of Shriner guys in the basement parking lot area. Most had bagpipes. One had a tuner sitting on the trunk of a car whilst he attempted to TUNE the bagpipe. Lordy! If you think they sound crazy when they're played, you should hear the tuning process. Ha ha ha ha! I kept wanting to yell, "You're flat!" (he was).

This morning I was listening to the news as I was washing my face in the bathroom and I kept hearing the announcer excitedly talking about the "string quartet" this weekend, which I found odd. Some people may get excited (and more should!) about classical music, but I couldn't believe all the excitement and hype surrounding his announcement. I finished washing my face and when I walked back into my bedroom I realized they were talking about the "Sweet Corn Fest." Sounds just like string quartet if you're in the other room running the water!

Have a good weekend all!

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want sweet corn! I've never been to the Corn Festival - too bad it's raining all weekend. I may try to go tomorrow.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad it rained all weekend and they canceled it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home