If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Monday, July 23, 2007

Watch My Garden Grow



I planted so many seeds back in April, and finally got the back yard tilled to be a garden. We are in severe draught in these parts, so I water my garden daily.


The seeds I was most interested in seeing develop were called "Eight Ball Zucchini." They are supposed to be round shaped! I have been harvesting my gold zucchini, black zucchini, basil, swiss chard, snap peas and cucumbers (tomatoes and carrots are still growing) but hadn't seen any of the Eight Balls.


On Saturday morning, while watering, I lifted up a leaf on one of my plants and BEHOLD! There were TWO round little Eight Balls! I picked one and a regular zucchini for comparison. I realize this photo is pretty green, I ate all the golden zukes and the ones in the garden were too small to pick.


I'm sure there will be more garden photos when my 8 different kinds of tomatoes take off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home