If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Sunday, May 06, 2007

My ears are bleeding!

The most surreal conversation was had at dinner tonight. I have to say, hearing old people using the lingo is something to behold.

While at dinner with my parents tonight my dad was (trying to be helpful by) suggesting that with summer coming up it might be a better time to meet guys and date. He said, "People have free time, and it's the summer, it will be a great time to HOOK UP."

And I was most interested in letting the "hook up" comment slide, but my mom decided to chime in with, "That means people just want to screw."

NO!!! My mom said "screw!" My ears are bleeding.

I was so over the whole conversation that I simply dropped my head in my hands and tried to think happy thoughts. My mom took that to mean that she might be wrong, "Phaedra, isn't that what hook up means? Or did I hear it wrong somewhere?"

"Yes mom, that's what it means alright...."

My dad retracted his previous hook up statement and suggested I simply keep trying to meet a nice guy.

Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home