If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not Even Half Price Margaritas Can Keep Me From the Polls!

I went to dinner with a friend from my old job tonight. We went to a Mexican restaurant with a special on half-price margaritas.

I was going to order the regular (large) sized margarita glass, but she INSISTED that I get a mug. The mugs are 34 oz.

One margarita and dinner later, it was time to get out of there. I went to Target to "walk it off" for almost an hour. Of course I found $60 worth of stuff to buy in an hour too!

As I was leaving the checkout I remembered that I had to vote today. Of course it was about 8 minutes to 8:00 (poll closing time). I put the petal to the metal and got to my old elementary school and RAN (in my wooden clogs) to the door and said, "Am I too late?"

And I was NOT too late! They locked the door behind me (I was the LAST one to vote today).

I told them about the margaritas and they said I should try to get there 5 minutes earlier next time. =)

Not even the half-priced margaritas can keep me from my involvement in the political process (only one of the three Supreme Court Judges is pro-choice, I had to cast my vote for her!).

3 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger just sam said...

Drunken voting! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please to hear that you made it just in time to cast your vote, after all it is your civic duty. Half price and half bent, but right on time. So unlike you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home