If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Back to School?

I went to a state-wide apprenticeship conference for a couple of days (for work) this past week. Two of the hour-long seminars I attended were on State Statutes and Administrative code. We talked about case studies for different situations including appeals of dismissals. I freaking LOVE the case studies, and it makes me want to go to law school.

I've always loved law classes, I took several as an undergrad. There is something so stimulating about predicting the outcome, and arguing for one side or the other. I miss school now that I've been gone for so long.

I have a pretty good gig with my job, but with a LAW degree, I would probably have a better career in the long run. Everyone near the top has a Master's at MINIMUM.

It first occurred to me to go to grad school about 4 years ago. If I had done it then, I would be finished by now.

That's the hardest part, the time commitment. I could meet some one, get married and have a baby within the next four years. Or not. And if I just keep waiting, I may NEVER live my life or do or accomplish anything because I just keep sitting around waiting.

I need to look into whether or not work will pay for part of this endeavor. It's always scary to take the leap, but I need to keep moving forward. Maybe this is JUST the thing!

2 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your life is like mine, then if you jump in everything will happen at once. Things seem to happen for me to maximize the chaos in my life.

Go for it!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

It turns out there is some kind of "Pre-law" advisor I should be able to speak to.

Unlike initially applying for college, I have NO IDEA what the first step is for me to return to school!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home