If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blizzard 2007



As usual, Just click on the photos to see full size images.
I was supposed to have two rehearsals this weekend (for an upcoming musical) and EVERYTHING was being canceled left and right due to the blizzard.
On Saturday, we got about 8" of snow, but then the 40 mph winds (and thus the drifting) began.
We also got AT LEAST another foot of snow Saturday night/Sunday morning. When I woke up Sunday, I took these photos.
Outside my back door, there are TWO steps down to the ground. The drifting was so high I had to fight to push my door open!
I think the dogs are standing in a lower area of the yard. As Aldo went farther right, the snow was up to his armpits and he quickly retreated to the less shallow parts of the yard. Kiki just does her tigger bounces in the snow.
At the moment, it's raining. On the agenda for the week: more snow and rain all week long!
Global warming is giving us crazy weather all over the country. We need to all wake up and make some big changes soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home