If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Appendicitis!

This is an OLD SCHOOL poster, but it's true!

I went to work on Monday (a few weeks ago) and told everyone all day about how my abs hurt. Then at 9 PM that night the pain was so intense I was awake all night. I went to Urgent care at 7 AM when they opened and was there until noon. They gave me pain meds and sent me home with a "if it gets worse, go to the hospital!"

I managed a short nap (thanks pain meds!) for about an hour and woke up with EVEN WORSE pain. So I went to the hospital and had a CT scan of my abdomen. It revealed that my almost 2 days of pain meant acute appendicitis and I needed it out IMMEDIATELY!

They took me into surgery at 11 PM and I was finished at Midnight.

A few weeks later I'm still weak in my ab muscles and have 3 incisions across my stomach, but am alive and MUCH better!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger vivavavoom said...

hope you are feeling better. I am back from the archives and trying to make my 'blue' blog active again. keep writing. feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home