If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Just a Few Questions

I sold my condo 2 months ago to a woman who has owned houses before, and she keeps calling me with questions.

I don't really have any desire to keep up communications with her, and when she leaves me a voicemail about the questions she's passive aggressive about it. She tells me that she has questions and asks that I return her call. BUT SHE DOESN'T TELL ME WHAT HER QUESTIONS ARE! I returned her call, got her machine and suggested that she e-mail me her questions so that I could answer even late at night or something.

Apparently there is no voicemailbox that could handle the quantity of her questions. My cousin suggested that I reply with "yes, no, no, yes...."

The e-mail, uncensored:

Hi,

I got your call yesterday, and emailing is a great idea. Right now my first question is about the furnace. I'd like to call to have it checked for the winter; I always did that at my other house. Where did you buy the furnace? Or who did you have service it? Also, for next spring was there anyone special you had service the air conditioner?

Other questions are not as time sensitive, though they do involve planning for winter. I wondered how cold the garage is in the winter. Is it any warmer than the outside temperature? I have a diesel car and it needs to be kept out the extreme cold. How cold are the bedrooms upstairs? Are both bedrooms cold, or just the one above the garage? The room above the garage is my guest bedroom, so I need to know what to expect for guests. I think you used the room at the top of the stairs for your computer room. Does that room get cold too? Are the rooms REALLY cold, or do people just need to wear a sweater and use an extra blanket? How much colder than the rest of the house are the cold rooms? I also wonder about the bathroom downstairs. How cold does that get in winter? Does it stay quite a bit colder than the rest of the house? I plan on using that room for guests and wondered what to expect there too.

Another question has to do with the sinks upstairs. I know you just replaced the water heater, but the faucet in the master bedroom takes quite a long time to get warm, and the other sink does too. The tub doesn't seem to take quite so long. Were those sinks like that for you too? I expect it might be the distance from the water heater, but I just wondered what you experienced.

Another question is about the two thermostat type controls on the wall in the living room. One is for the current air and heating system. But what is the other one? Is it still connected to anything? Does it need to be there?

Did you always have a dehumidifier in the basement? If not, what exactly did you notice different when you had one, and when you didn't?

I thought I had other questions too, but can't think of them right now. I will contact you again if I think of anything else. I love the house and am settling in nicely, I just need to know what to expect for the winter, in case I need to have some insulating or anything done in the next few weeks. How are you doing in your new place? It sounds like you're extremely busy!

Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home