If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Who's Getting Married?

Not I! However, I'm helping my pal Jen to get things set for her wedding (this summer). And the more I keep talking about it, with EVERYONE, the more I sound like a Bridezilla. I think....

For sure I'm making statements about all the things "we're" getting accomplished. In fact I think I referred to it as "our cake" or "our colors" or even maybe "our wedding" while talking to another friend about it. She put me in my place by reminding me that it's not my wedding.
= (
Oh yeah, I'm still very single....


But it turns out I could be an excellent wedding planner!

4 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a wedding planner would drive me absolutely nuts. Who cares what shade of mauve it is?

I like to think that when (if) I get married, I won't be a Bridezilla, but I'm sure I'll get all upset about something. I guess I just wasn't one of those girls who dreamt about their wedding for all of their childhood, so I'm not expecting or even hoping for everything to be perfect.

I am, however, a woman who likes to plan ahead while the rest of the world does not... and I see that creating many many wedding problems.

You, on the other hand, seem like someone who would be good at reigning in the chaos at other peoples' events and staying calm while someone screams at you. Am I right?

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

All my years of working with kids and in customer service/retail management has prepared me well for the screaming of others. I do handle it well!

I know how to turn it into, "I'd like to help you solve this, here are your options..."

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. The guy screaming at me about ketchup on one of my first days at my first job at Wendy's was an experience I never want to relive, but probably a useful one. I will never be rude to a service employee. I was just sort of stunned and frozen, and after he left I wanted to cry.

It's just not worth screaming at someone over ketchup.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

If that guy eats at Wendy's and regularly screams like that, he's dead of a heart attack by now.

I always thought that everyone should need to work customer service jobs in order to graduate from high school. Everyone would be nicer if they had walked in those shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home