If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Monday, May 15, 2006

Test Drive!




I test drove the Toyota Yaris over the weekend. It's funny, I went to school (k-12) with the sales manager at the dealership. I guess because someone there knew me, they let me walk onto the lot and drive off (solo) with the car in about 10 minutes. They didn't ask to see my license (or check IF I had one) they didn't hold my license or keys or anything. It was 3:00 PM and they said, "Please have it back by 5:00, we close then."

So I test drove this car that is 10 years newer than my van. Another perk, it gets DOUBLE the gas mileage of my van. DOUBLE! That's 34 mpg city and 40 hwy. Wow! I checked, and my dad AND my bass both fit in it. Even at the same time....

I love it, and I want it. It even comes in Olive (I know that sounds girlie of me to care about the color....)

As soon as I have a financial windfall, I'm going for it! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And I admit it, I'm a little interested in the sales manager too. Shhhh!

7 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but... does your bass fit in it?

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops... I have to read more carefully....

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

You know the saying, "If the bass fits, BUY IT!"

It's really zippy too. I took it on the highway and had a hard time keeping it under 70. That's why god invented cruise control (or in my case, ticket prevention control).

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's funny... I kind of miss my minivan....my PT Cruiser, actually get's slightly worse gas mileage than my old Town & Country....but it is cute

Maybe a hipper ride will help the guy situation... :)

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm replying to your blog--it's my first time (I'm glad it was you...be gentle) I'm wondering who the sales guy was--I'm sure to know him. Any hints?

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Jojo Bogo!!!!! Welcome!

Well.... he went to Huegel, and he played baseball in h.s. Does that help? Can you figure it out?

It wasn't someone that we hung out with back then either.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm. i might need a private message with more info. By the by, I'm coming to town in two weeks...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home