If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

(Non) Labor Day Weekend



I had a GREAT date last night, but don't want to talk about (or jinx) it too much.


I hadn't seen Oceans 11 or 12, but saw Oceans 13 yesterday. As it turns out, the plot pretty much stands on its own and I was able to follow (and enjoy) it without having seen the prequels. I know it has superior (and attractive) actors, but the whole film REALLY reminds me of "The Great Muppet Caper" when I was a kid. =) Good times. Remember the '70s? Anyone?


This morning Aldo woke me up an hour before my alarm. He didn't eat dinner last night and I'm a little worried about him. Luckily my dog-sitter is keeping a close eye on him for me today. The good news is that I got some bass practice time out of the deal (nothin' like 6:00 AM practice!). The bad news is I'm going to totally crash later…..


Saturday night was Emily's going away party. I think 25 people showed to the restaurant. Holy man! And none of those folks were related to her either. Dr. Anna got Emily a stuffed microbe of 'The Kissing Disease" which is just so cute! Here's the site:
http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/products/kissingdisease.html Love the stuffed plushie, but not the real thing. I had a post about these stuffed guys a while back. Maybe I should link that too: http://phaedraworld.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html (scroll down to May 25)

The price has gone up on the geek toys in the past year! Blame the economy...


Saturday I made my six hour trek for lessons. Two hour drive to Katy's house, played a super intense two hour lesson, another 2 hour drive home. WHEW! Only a few more weeks of this….


I hope that people had a chance to NOT work for Labor Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home