If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Boys to Men

I've been home sick from work ALL WEEK. It's miserable.

After taking Aldo to the vet on Friday (and getting some good news) I wanted to call my co-worker who sent me a couple of e-mails this week to check on me. He is the NICEST guy in the world. I think of him as my peer, but really he has kids a few years younger than I am and GRANDKIDS too. So he's my peer, but also a grandpa! He's still probably 15-20 years younger than my dad though...

So I crank called him at work (asking for a program that has a similar phone # to his) and he was about to give me the right number when I busted out laughing and identified myself.

We started out talking about Aldo's appointment, and somehow the call deteriorated to my being single. Funny how that happens!

My friend, co-worker, and experienced older man told me that I need to quit looking for boys. Confused, I asked him if he was suggesting that I switch teams. Lesbianism does have certain perks.... No, he told me. I need to be looking to meet MEN. Not boys, MEN. He said it's a different mindset, and different level of responsibility, etc...

I told him if he knows any good men to point them in my direction. He funnily said, "If I find a good man, I'm keeping him for myself!" Good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home