If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm a Busy B!


I swear that I didn't really have anything much to do, and yet had a pretty busy weekend.

On Thursday night I went to an art show opening and somehow managed to BUY art. Not that I have money to burn or anything, but I LOVE having beautiful, original artwork. It makes me happy! And the group of folks there (all friends with MK) are great. Many fun conversations were had. One in particular was about a woman who is a judge and performs weddings on the side. She says that she will only do them in her office now, because of a few too many weird instances in people's homes. For example: she went to marry a 16 year old girl who was pregnant. The dude was ILLEGAL and over 20..... Her mom had given permission, but changed her mind. The whole thing was a big cluster f%@#. My own wedding performances are never like this!

I planted seeds indoors to transfer to my garden as soon as it's nice out. I learned a lot from my first garden experience last year, so this year is going to be a feast of plenty, a cornucopia from my garden!


Did you know that you can see the New York Metropolitan Opera at Marcus Cinemas? Well you can! They play it live, on the big screen, with subtitles, and a great sound system! I saw La Boheme, which I played in college. It was amazing. You get to see interviews with the singers, conductor, stage producer, etc... The backstage scenes are AMAZING! I think my ticket was about $20, completely worth it!


I played in a dinner theatre Elvis show a few weeks ago. Good times! I had to sight read two shows in one day on my electric bass. It actually went quite well. And the money was nice too.


I saw Vic Wooten in Concert too. He inspired me to play electric in the Elvis show. And I got to chat with him a little after the show. Fair is fair by the way, and I have NEVER in my life seen 30 guys waiting for the bathroom and NO LINE for the ladies room! I guess there were more dudes at the show (way more...). Some weirdo drunk guy rubbed my dad's head too. It was awesome!


This weekend I'm going to see Kids in the Hall, and play a 3.5 hour wedding (they're giving us dinner too) and see the last symphony concert for the season. They're playing Tchaikovsky's Sixth Symphony which is my FAVORITE!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home