If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Left side = wrong side, right side = right!

My mom drives on the WRONG side of the road!!!!

"Lighten up"
"Stop Picking on Me"
"Can't we have one morning without yelling?" are the things my mom says to me when I say to her, "Mom, drive on the right side of the road!"

Every time there is a curve in the road (curving to the left) she veers into the left lane. If there is EVER a car, jogger, bicyclist, etc there she WILL hit them!!!!

This morning there was indeed a car as we rounded a curve. I screamed "Mom!" and she swerved INTO them more!!!!! A split second later she swerved back to the right. The other car had to swerve into the bike lane (almost into the curb to avoid her).

It's so DANGEROUS and she will NOT listen to me when I try to tell her that she's a danger to herself and others. What the hell?

I ask her WHY she does it. She refuses to answer. We have this fight almost every other day.

Today she told me that she has to "concentrate" more on staying in her lane. CONCENTRATE?!?!? Shouldn't that be second nature to driving?

I need to quit car-pooling with her before it kills me!

5 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's scary, could it be a vision problem?

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

No it's a pride problem.

When I tried to talk (more calmly) with her tonight she said she would try harder to change if it was so important to me.

Not me, THE RULES! It's important to the rules of driving to stay on your own damn side of the road!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears that Mother Driver has some issues with staying on the right side of the road or figuring out her left from her right and believe me this is more than just a pride thing in fact I bet you her eyes and getting bad and her pride as gotten in the way because she can't tolerate the thought of losing memory or any vision loss. I go through it from time to time and it is nerves, pride and poor eye sight not to mention...fear.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See what I mean in the last two responses I have either missed a letter of a word or the word all together. Common when your sight starts to get weak and nothing to do with spelling. Walk to the corner, cross at the light look to your left and look to your right.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe your Mum thinks she's in the UK?
Tell Tish to get some nice driving glasses and perhaps that will help. Cheerio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home