If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Monday, October 17, 2005

Not Even June Cleaver Would Say, "Rope 'em In!"

Not to have a pity party over here or anything..... but JESUS! Why is dating/love so bullshit?

A woman I work with, and have in the past considered a friend can't stop fanning the flames (of hatred?) toward my ex. Her son is one of his best friends and she keeps telling me things about him that I DON'T want (or need, or especially want) to know.

Today she sends me an e-mail saying that at a wedding over the weekend he brought his newest girlfriend (Cat, nice name, did I mention that I'm a DOG person?). Apparently this Cat "seems to know how to rope them in...I believe (he) has more than met his match."

What the fuck lady? I was more than his match or we'd still be together! And what in the holy hell is knowing "how to rope them in?" Is that a girl who likes to get pregnant? Who is easy? I have no idea what that phrase means. Do you?

I recounted my friends this afternoon, and this lady is now out of the loop.

5 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say it means she's got him wrapped around her little finger.

But why do you care?

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

I just don't see what purpose it serves to tell me. It seems malicious....

What does she really hope to accomplish by telling me that kind of shit about him?

I care because he JUST told me last month how he wants to be single and not get into another relationship, and now I hear that once AGAIN he has a new girlfriend.

I'm more deserving of a relationship than he'll ever be, so why am I the one who's still alone?

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe because you have some sort of standards? Heh.

A lot of women want to know what their x is doing, and some of them go so far as to sabatoge. Maybe she just thinks you want to hear the gossip. Have you tried telling her you don't want to hear about him?

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Oh yeah, standards, requirements, reasonable expectations. Yep, you're right! I DO have those!

Honestly, I haven't even met anyone in a while. I have a few people offering set-ups recently. I haven't had a set-up in over a year, but I'll take it. I'm never going to meet someone if I don't get out there and meet people!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my extremely limited experience, it seems like when I stop looking, what I'm looking for sort of falls out of the sky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home