If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, November 03, 2005

(Work) Ethical Dilemma

Damn my work ethic!!!!


I'm torn. I really like some of the people I work with at my part-time job. Others are crazy... but who doesn't have to deal with some crazies at work? The dilemma is: this job sucks away most of my free time, and pays very little. It pays more than nothing, that is to say it DOES pay. And I get a discount, which tends to be very handy.

I just don't think I should have to work 6 days a week, 55 hours per week. The goal should be to work LESS, not more. I'm exhausted all the time, and I'm starting to socialize less and less (which will never lead to meeting new people or having a baby, etc...)

A higher paying part-time job would mean fewer hours to work for the same money. I need more flexibility too, for when I have gigs. Gigs are MUCH more fun than any job, and they pay better too. Of course they always seem to happen when I have to work job #2.

And I broke my watch there last night. Which basically means for the hours I worked, I will have earned enough for the watch I broke working. Total catch 22!

But then, there are those fun times that make it seem worth it. Which is how I become torn all over again.

6 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say get a job with fewer hours and higher pay.... free time is good! Besides... you gotta start poppin' out the pups! :o)

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, you already know what I think... management will never appreicate you, the are assholes! ASSHOLES! and if you think they want you to work more than you like to now, wait till the holidays! The discount is nice... plus access to stuff you can sell on ebay, but still. GET OUT!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

I see a trend here.... "work less" and "get out" are the themes.

Your thoughts are all under advisement. ;)

I need to figure out if I can make the cash I need gigging a little extra and selling my Daisy Blue Naturals. That may be the answer.

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is obvious that you work for a reason and not solely that of: acquiring good work ethics. Another degree and a good husband with a six figure income could change the need for so many work hours, but then again baggage travels with that scenerio so in the meantime consider a career change and starting your own business part time from home that allows you the necessary time to create and perform task that needs attending to, or marry well.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Ooh.... marrying well sounds good! Brilliant idea Chet!

Or maybe that higher paying job would do it. I'll just keep applying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home