If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm Live on the Airwaves

Sure I'm a tool, but it gets me on the radio!

On the morning show that I listen to on my way to work, the guy DJ is all excited because he met Lisa Loeb in NY last weekend. Apparently he hung out with her mom a little bit, and he interviewed her on the radio the week before... he totally has the hots for her.

This morning he was rambling about what he should send her via e-mail now that he has her personal address. He thought maybe a forward about George Bush sucking or some such... I immediately knew this guy needed my advice. So I called in and was instantly on the air (I swear I get played on air on my way to work ALL the time!).

I told him to send her something saying hi, talking about himself a little and how it was so nice to see her, and then asking her a few questions. ANY kinds of questions, because it helps her to compose a response.

I also said he should sign off with a "I look forward to hearing from you" because it shows confidence.

Lastly, since he's e-mailing her and not calling, in a way he has all the time in the world to get this right. I told him to have a good friend read it over before he mails it to make sure it reads the way he wants it to (we all have a tendency to screw up our grammar or sentence structure simply because we know what we're TRYING to say. A proofreader ensures it says what we think it says).

I think it's kind of cute helping the DJ to get the rock star!

7 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say....I only hear what I want to...
You say...I talk so all the time...

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Apparently she has a reality show to try and meet a nice guy right now and it's called "Number One Single" or something like that. Oh, here: http://www.eonline.com/On/Single/

Some SUPER NERD decided to try and sing "Stay" karaoke style to her and the guy had no pipes. It embarrassed me to see a 2 second clip of it on TV. Imagine being there, the horror!

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought her and Dweezil Zappa were hooked up.... they had this quirky cooking show, a couple years back....

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Hmm... if she and Dweezil were an item, it's over at this point.

She's the #1 single now!

;)

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you catch her email... can you hook me up?

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I look forward to hearing from you." is how I close all of my cover letters and job hunting emails. Ahahaha. It sounds so stiff to me, but all of this application stuff does.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her show, #1 Single is really cute. I'd do her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home