If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Some Serious Jargon

A co-worker received this e-mail from someone he had never met before. It boggles my mind how people can consider something like this a "professional communication." It's crap, and it actually (although wordy) says NOTHING.

"Alfred,

I was not able to locate specific information for the Executive in the Rates and Reimbursement department. They also might be referred to as the Deputy Director Finance & Administration. Please advise. Thank you.

Michele"

I hope I never accidentally send junk like this to anyone! Is she looking for data? A person? Contact information? Where was she looking that she couldn't locate info? What the hell does "please advise" mean? (to me it means: I'm thinking about a couple of different colors that I could use to paint my family room, beige, baby blue, or eggshell, please advise.)

That's why it's helpful to re-read what you wrote before hitting send. E-mail can be convenient, but it can also suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home