If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Making it Easier to Remember

There are (several really) websites out there to help you remember phone numbers. Or to remember your own, or for you to use when giving out your number. Here's one: http://www.phonespell.org/

You know cell phones have REALLY changed how I remember numbers. Back in the day, I had all my friend's numbers memorized. And I did so by placement of the keys generally. There were one or two times where the number spelled something (U-L-DO was an ex's number, as in You Will Do....) but I knew at least 20 phone numbers at any given time. Not so anymore!

Now, when I need a new number I add it in to my cell phone and never think about it again. I usually call my friends from my cell, and if I am calling someone from my home phone I have to "look it up" on my cell first. Pretty sad for a good memorizer like me.

I need to clean out that cell phone address book of mine. It includes a few numbers here and there of guys I had like 2 dates with. I think those were added by a conversation like this, "Here, you can call me and then we'll both have each other's numbers saved in our phones." No need to hang on to those!

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The advent of the cellphone has made me even lazier! I don't have to remember anyone's phone number - they're all in there. And entering someone's number or saving one is just as easy...soon instant gratification is going to take too long.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Hurry up damnit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home