If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Friday, April 14, 2006

Speaking of Storms....




We had CRAZY lightning and hail last night! I just had a new roof put on yesterday (I think I'll have the roof guy back to make sure it's still A-OK). Man, I need to call the insurance company too.

The hail was golf ball to softball sized. There was a report that a police car's windshield was taken out by the hail. When I ran out from the awning into the yard to grab a few to photograph, I got nailed on the hand (which was protecting my head mind you) and there is a welt and bruise there. At least I wasn't knocked out! Can you imagine being outside (walking the dog or something) when that was going on? You'd be pummeled! So tragic...

Picture one, action shot of Hail.
Picture two, welt on my hand from hail and two hail stones.
Picture three, lightning in my back yard right before it hailed.

You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.



3 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got two dents in my PT.... I ran out and parked in the garage right after it started... but not quick enough....

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Is it worth it to get them fixed (either on your own or through insurance)?

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haven't called state farm yet.. but if it's under $700 it's worth it... any more and I think it could cause an increase in my rate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home