If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

How Many Times Can My Heart Be Broken?

I found out today that the rescue group adopted Bella to a local (Missouri) family. So she isn't going to get to be my little girl. = (

*sniff*

Seriously, I get way too vested too fast when it comes to all these on-line searches, be it guys, jobs, or dogs! I think it's good that I have enthusiasm and go forth with gusto, but it seems to lead to a lot of heartbreak as well.

I've inquired about 3 new dogs on-line today. Nothing like a new dog to take my mind off of Bella.

4 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger just sam said...

Wow. I'm so sorry. For several reasons, some of them selfish. You will find a new dog. There are so many out there that need a good human it is bound to happen. My advice. Think black lab. Sure they are all over but they will just love the hell out of you.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

A friend of a friend does lab rescue....

But for MY selfish reasons, I've had non-shedding dogs for 20 years, and I'd like to keep it that way. So much less dog hair around!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger just sam said...

IF that's the case then for sure stay away from Tibetan terriers. I have never seen that much hair on EVERYTHING in my life. I don't own a single thing that isn't crusted with long white hair. It ain't mine.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Sam, yours is probably a mix. Didn't you say yours is in the 40lb range?

Here's one of my sources: http://dogbreedinfo.com/tibetanterrier.htm

I've also met tons of purebreds at my old part-time job. The owners all said, "non-shedding"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home