If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Panties, and Fake-Domestic Violence

None of the dudes out there know what it's like to purchase women's underthings. I heard that my bridal friend recently spent just about forever finding the bustier that fit both her ribcage and her breasts properly to go under her wedding dress. And don't get me started on the bustiers! Why must they always leave you with 1950's looking triangular shaped CONE tits?

I have my own panties situation. My bridesmaid dress is a little on the sheer side. Most of my formalwear revolves around wearing black (for orchestra, for quartet, for funerals) it's just so all purpose. Well I have plenty of black panties that would be suitable for the sheer light colored bridesmaid dress, but I'm afraid in an outdoor wedding, and with the flash from cameras, black will show through.

So I went to good ol' Target in search of closer to flesh colored panties. Can you IMAGINE how many choices there are?!?!? And the newest ridiculous thing in panties is to TAG them to the hanger, so that they can not be tried on without cutting off the tags. WTF? How can I not try them on? I ended up buying ONE HUNDRED dollars worth of moderately inexpensive Target panties. I can see dropping that at Victoria's Secret, but Target??? I think the first pair I tried on (in the comfort of my own home) is the winning pair too. Thank god....

I went to a super cool roof-top movie viewing with MK last night and it was so different, and really fun. The movie part was fun. Figuring out how to get to the rooftop was less fun.

We saw the closest doors to where we parked, and tried to enter. They were locked. But two people were about to exit them, and we were going to get in that way. They guy opened the door for me to get in, but somehow (with the weight and force of my WHOLE body behind it) I scraped my arm against the lock on the door. I instantly knew it was very, very, bad. "That's going to leave a mark...."

Almost immediately it was swollen about an inch off my arm (beneath my shoulder) and purple for about 3 or 4 inches long. This is the kind of bruise that tends to linger on my pale, pale skin for MONTHS. And I have to be in a wedding in a month! And it does look like I'm the victim of domestic violence. It looks JUST like a painful grab to the upper arm.

After I got home, I iced it for about 30 minutes, and slathered it in arnica and lavender essential oils. When I woke up this morning it looked less severe (in my mind) than right after it happened.

I met my dad so we could walk the dogs and he took one look at my arm and said, "Is there a bad boyfriend that I don't know about?" and I told him how I was trying to walk through a doorway and he replied, "You need better drugs. You should be able to CLEAR a doorway."

Another friend saw me this afternoon and said, "Ouch! What happened to your arm?" and I said, "You should have seen the other guy!"

I'm continuing to oil it. Hopefully this thing never turns green and goes away before wedding photo-mania begins!

7 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to post a clear warning for your male readers before you start talking about your underwear.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh...I could talk about panties. Just wait until you're pregnant! But as for my wedding lingerie I went to the "experts". Should that be ex-perfs? No, it's old ladies who insist on being in the fitting room with you (there's more privacy at the dr.'s office) and you haven't lived until they "jostle" you to make sure you stay in the strapless bustier. In the end, I spent a fortune and the thing stands up by itself (there's a lot of boning) and I chafed something awful. Good times. I love weddings.
Lil t

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Hey John, the headline SAID "panties!"

I test drove a pair of the panties today, and either the dress I wore was defective (with a seam going straight down the back, who the hell thought THAT was a good idea) or the panties are. I'll need to try them with another dress.

t, I went shopping with Bek for her wedding dress and the lady was in the room with us and Bek was all but naked... SO AWKWARD!

All my bustiers are high school sized (ie; no longer fit).

I'm still laughing at the jostling! =)

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point Phaedra.

I did also make the mistake of looking at your ebay feedback, out of curiousity, only to find more underwear involved... BTW sorry that there are no bids on the bass yet...

I guess it's not easy being a woman. and wearing/buying underwear...who would have thought, I mean I just go to the store and buy 'em in three packs right off the rack...

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

BRAS! They have good styles and a wide array of colors in all the hard to find sizes on e-bay.

Brand new Vicki's Secret bras that retail for $50 can be bought for $15. What a bargain!

There are currently 11 people "watching" the bass. Now they just need to start bidding and buying!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Make that 12 people are watching the bass....

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Uh... 13!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home