If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm Number Two!

I'm the most number-two-ing-est person around!

Second place is the first loser, etc....

I just found out that I came in SECOND on the DNR interview process. That means someone else was ever so slightly more qualified (and dare I think OLDER too) than me. So I don't get the job. =(

I did however get a personal call from the Supervisor telling me how well I interviewed and what good qualities I bring to the table. She told me that she is always looking to bring more good people to the DNR and she will personally recommend me to other Supervisors who are filling positions. She said she will call me personally to ensure I apply for these jobs, or she will have the hiring supervisor call me.

All in all, that is a LOT of trouble for her to be willing to go through for me. I appreciate it.

Maybe someday I can FINALLY be number one and get a fabulous new job.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number two sucks, but usually it means number one is near! A similar thing happened to Brian when he was interviewing. It's nice that they tell you how well you did. I'm so used to getting absolutely NO FEEDBACK from my interviews, and so I learn nothing except what I can gain from my own reflections on what an idiot I am under pressure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home