If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Too Old to Lose My Mommy

There's something about shopping with my mom. She's old, she's slow, but I almost always manage to lose track of her somehow!

I had to return some dresses I bought for the wedding (rehearsal dinner contenders as well as what was almost my bridesmaid dress) at the mall last night. I need some sandals, and it's sandal sale time, so I thought I'd look at some of those too.

Upon leaving Boston Store and heading to JC Penny to see if they had any shoes (save yourself a trip, the answer is THEY DON'T!!) my mom wanted to go upstairs in JC Penny to buy some shirts for my dad. I said, "HURRY UP and meet me in shoes."

My shoe dept trip was very short. I saw two pairs that were possibilities. The English as a second language sales guy said, "No ten." for one pair and brought me the second. The second pair was not dressy enough for work skirts and dresses (what I need them for) so I was finished. And.... no mom. Where was she? I told her to hurry!

I asked the sales guy if he could page my mom for me (god, I'm too old to be so pathetic) and the store was closing in 10 minutes and we had to walk down the mall to leave through Boston Store. So complicated!

I said her name like 4 times and then I heard the page, "Cash, please return to the shoe department. Customer Cash, please return to the shoe department."

Ha ha ha! Close enough.

She finally found me (after I bought 5 work shirts instead of shoes). She told me she knew the page was for her when she heard the word "shoe" and we left without further incident. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home