If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Friday, August 04, 2006

Quelle Coincidence!

I've been on e-harmony for a week or two now and am corresponding with two gentlemen. They both live about 2 hours away, but both are saying they'll gladly come to me to meet. I like that plan already!

I know the point of e-harmony is to meet people you are SUPER compatible with (on 29 levels!) but there are SO many coincidences with one of these guys, it almost seems unreal:


- Although he lives somewhat far away, he plays in my city's orchestra. And my season tickets are so close to him I could throw popcorn at him (if the symphony had popcorn).

- We not only went to the same University, but we went at the SAME time and played in the SAME orchestra. Neither of us remembers each other, but I was pretty bass-centric then (and also in a relationship).

- His second language is French and he grew up in France for 10 years. He's a Francophile too and still loves to visit.

I was telling my dad about this and he said, "Are you making this shit up? Is he?" But it's all true. He's also an animal lover, liberal, and teaches music to kids.

We're supposed to meet on Sunday, and I'm excited to meet him. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger just sam said...

HOw exciting! Good luck and be sure to let us know the skinny. My eHarmony met girlfriend (Meghan) is on her way to my farm for her first visit with the pets right now. She lives about 2 hours away and so far it's only been a minor inconvenience. I will kill a goat and pray to the gods of cheese for ya!

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Have fun!

I remember him. He was a nice guy. I think I only overlapped with him for a year or two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home