If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Networking

I paid a whopping $10 to attend an Alumni Networking event last night, and it was fabulous. I will go every time they have one of these things.

SECONDS after I walked in I had 2 new friends, Erik and Holly. In fact, Erik thought Holly and I knew each other. Everyone was SO friendly at this thing!

I obtained about 30 business cards, and passed out more than that. I bumped into a girl I knew from middle school, and two friends of a co-workers.

They had free drinks, and food, although I had diet sierra mist and a water. The food looked amazing, but I was too busy working the room!

By the night's end I had booked a wedding gig, been invited to a party, offered to trade web links with a guy, and met tons of new people.

What a good time! And I would fly solo next time. It's an excellent opportunity for SINGLES networking too. ;)

5 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger just sam said...

Solo? What happened to the new guy?

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

It occurs to me that there may be too many stories about guys since I don't know which one you're talking about. Oops. My bad.

Banjo maybe? He took a pass.

In any case, still (always) single and looking.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! A quartet gig!

I'm such a chicken. Take me with you if I'm in the area next time.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who was the person from middle school? I'm curious...
From,
Another person from middle school

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

It was Dr. Dorsey. She's a Doctor now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home