If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Inland Hurricane

I was so tired yesterday that I never got around to posting this. But we had a storm two nights ago with 50-60 mph winds, almost like a hurricane!

I woke up when it started at watched the news to make sure it wasn't a tornado (sounded like one) and my power flashed off for a whopping 5 seconds tops. But all over the city power was out for hours and there were so many trees down no one could count how many there were.

As some of you know, I live in a forest in the city, so I was just waiting for one of my huge trees to crash, but thankfully it didn't happen. I have mega branches down.... one that is going to be a bitch to move.

A nearby major road (2 blocks from my house, about 4 lanes wide) had a huge tree down blocking it. Busses were being re-routed on my block instead.

It's still super messy outside today! I should call my insurance company again and have them look at my roof (again). I can't believe they didn't pay me anything on that hail storm....

I think I'm switching to Geico, they cost less than stupid Farmer's who never want to pay me.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger just sam said...

IT came through here too. Knocked the hell out of St. Louis and screwed up the power at my shop but didn't do much to the farm. There are lots of limbs down but that just saves me the trouble of having to thin them out later in the year.

My word is qpgweukk for sure it's an aleutian meal made with whale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home