If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Expensive Love

The wedding is now over, and my friends D & J are married.

In somewhat related news, I've been asked about my "husband" all weekend long. LOOK AT MY RING FINGER FOLKS, I have no husband! And it doesn't make me a failure or a bad person by the way!

But, my mom wants to marry me off and see grandkids in the next decade. So she offered to pay the $250/yr to join e-harmony since match.com isn't really working for me. Dude, I wonder what I've spent on match since I joined....

When I started it was pretty cheap ($45 for 6 months or something?). But about a year and a half ago, when I was seeing outdoorsey-Dan for about 3 months, I shortened up my membership (thinking I may be off the market). But no matter how long we dated, I wasn't feeling what I should be feeling for him, so I ended it. And now my rates are more like $45 per 3 months.

I met a woman at the networking night who met her boyfriend of 6 months on match (and was on it for about 3 years, like me) but all her friends are having good luck on e-harmony.

So maybe $250 is worth it (if my mom pays and it lands me a quality relationship).

3 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOF. $250. Go to more $10 networking things :) Does eHarmony give you a trial membership or something? I'd definitely try it out first.

It's rude of people to assume you're married. How weird.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

The "free trial" is for 7 days.

If you subscribe for ONE month, it's $60 (or is it $50?). I've been on-line enough to know that NOTHING happens in a month. Six months is $180, but if you double that it's way more than a year.

I did it, took the plunge and paid for a year. Supposedly I'll be reimbursed by mom.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger just sam said...

The match.com thing feels better to me but eHarmony is where I have actually met TWO women who are very groovy. All of the dates I went on with Match, and there have been several, didn't really lead to anything. There seems to be something a bit more "real" on eHarmony. But your mileage may vary.
Oh and I did the $250 for a year thing too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home