If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Where is the empathy?

This was sent to me as an e-mail forward (all the way from England!). It is a sad state of affairs when people forward this garbage, this absolute shit around.

Newsflash: those on welfare will NEVER ever get "rich" from welfare benefits. They will barely be able to scrape by and live on them.

The real solution to funding programs (In the U.S. anyway) is not to cap how much the real "rich" pay. There are caps on how much the upper crust of the wealthy (I'm talking less than 1% of the population here, and probably not about anyone that you actually know) pay toward taxes, and Medicare, and Social Security, etc... The richest of the elite rich can AFFORD to contribute to all of our elderly grandmothers out there who can no longer afford their homes when their property taxes increase because their social security checks just got cut by the feds and their prescription drugs now cost them MORE under Medicare part D.

People need to get their facts straight. We were all once immigrants in the U.S. Immigrants and those on welfare are not the problem, the current administration and their ways of lining their rich friends' pockets is the problem! Let's not turn on each other people, FOCUS ON THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM!

Anyway, this little so-called poem enraged me. So I thought I'd share.

***WARNING! This poem does NOT express the viewpoint of Phaedra!***

Illegal Immigrants Poem I cross ocean, poor and broke, Take bus, see employment folk. Nice man treat me good in there, Say I need to see welfare. Welfare say, "You come no more, We send cash right to your door." Welfare cheque’s, they make you wealthy, Medicare it keep you healthy! By and by, I got plenty money, Thanks to you, British dummy. Write to friends in motherland, Tell them 'come fast as you can.' They come in turbans and Ford trucks, I buy big house with welfare bucks They come here, we live together, More welfare cheque’s, it gets better!
Fourteen families, they moving in, But neighbour's patience wearing thin. Finally, white guy moves away, Now I buy his house, and then I say, "Find more aliens for house to rent." And in the yard I put a tent. Send for family they just trash, But they, too, draw the welfare cash! Everything is very good, And soon we own the neighborhood. We have hobby it's called breeding, Welfare pay for baby feeding. Kids need dentist? Wife need pills? We get free! We got no bills! British crazy! He pay all year, To keep welfare running here. We think Britain darn good place! Too darn good for the white man race. If they no like us, they can scram, Got lots of room in Pakistan.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOD.
Tiny minds, tiny hearts. When I see things like this from people in the USA, inevitably republicans, usually talking about African Americans or Latinos, I think: 1) it is a fact that Caucasians take the vast majority of Welfare dollars and other entitlements. 2)if more money were spent on education in this country, we would have less welfare. But those in charge, especially the ones in charge now, would rather have an undereducated, population of sheep, divided by fear and hate, to rule than one that is comprised of educated, thoughtful, caring citizens that would naturally vote them out of power. And here we are stuck. Damn. I really hate that.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

I have a cousin who sends me these forwards and sometimes they are like this one, and other times they blast republicans. I can't read her AT ALL!

Literally, she is difficult to read as well because she barely literate, but that's another story...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home