If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Life on the Water

I'm a pisces. So it shouldn't be a surprise that I love the water. Sadly, in the past 15 years I had somhow forgotten....

My favorite place in France is the south, along the Mediterranean. I go there every two years. It's the most beautiful and relaxing place on earth. Maybe I hadn't completely forgotten.

I went with my friend Carrie today to her family gathering at her parents' lake house. I was prepared for the "cabin" to be a shack, but it was a great looking newly remodeled two bedroom house with a living room, and a family room, and a deck, and a large kitchen/dinging room. It was what I would want in a lake house!

Her dad has a pontoon boat. You know, I don't think I had ever been on one before today! I went on three separate rides, the last being at sunset. Typically, I get motion sick, but the pontoon boat is smooth sailing and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.

I was waiting in the docked boat by myself before my first ride while people were getting ready (using the restroom, getting beverages) and I saw a HUGE eagle dive into the water and catch a fish. It then flew right past me with the fish in its feet. I saw a second eagle flying next to it. I think that's the first wild eagle I've seen.

On the ride I saw so many beautiful lake homes, it reminded me of my grandma's summer home on the lake that I spent so much time at from birth to age 15. So many memories. What strikes me the most is the sense of complete and utter calm I had. I have never been as at peace as I was today on the boat on the water. I was relaxed, and so serene.

Carrie's family is great too.

I think I may need to start saving for a lake house and a pontoon boat! Anything that feels so good needs to become a goal!

4 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were there mosquitoes? Jen's lake house had lots of mosquitoes, and I HATE mosquitoes. And the repellent, maybe worse. And Jason Voorhees.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to comment on this earlier today, but IE ate my comment. I hate IE, and on my computer in my new office at my new job, I can't install Firefox. Kill me now!

Anyway - I just wanted to say that Ruppert has always dreamed of owning a pontoon boat for parties. Like we host any parties... I guess maybe we would if we had a pontoon boat!

I won't live in a house on the lake though - flooding, mosquitos, that lakey smell - not for me.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Believe it or not folks there were NO mosquitos! And they love to eat me too, so there really must not have been any.

Carrie's dad is a hell of a party host with his pontoon boat too.

Maybe when you and Ruppert move back here we can SHARE a boat or something!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now there's an idea. I'd probably invite you to all my parties anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home