If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Unthinkable

My new job is about a million steps ahead of both ME, other workers, and certainly my old job. ALL EXTERNAL E-MAIL SITES ARE BLOCKED FROM OUR INTERNET BROWSER!!!! So I'm feeling a little out of touch with my friends, family, and life outside of work. Because I'm on probation, I hesitate to use my work e-mail for too much personal business (at least for the next 6 months).

Yesterday it snowed like a mo-fo! And one of the bosses (not mine) said aloud while I was in ear shot, "Don't people on probation have to go scrape off everyone's windshields?" The joke is that I'm the ONLY one on probation. The snow is really pretty, but I'm afraid that one of my trees in the front yard make take a tumble. The sleet, and ice, covered with snow are really weighing it down, it has branches touching my driveway (that just CAN'T be good!).

Holy man, how I could I have not addressed this already: WE WON THE HOUSE AND SENATE!!!!!!! Thank god, and some change had better hurry up.

I've met a nice, smart, talented, adventurous, and quite good-looking liberal guy that I like to call Duncan MacLeod, of the clan MacLeod. Did anyone watch Highlander besides me? I don't want to say to much, but I like him.

Can you believe that it's November and I'm playing a wedding today? So late in the season... So I have to run and put the playbooks in order, and get dressed in my concert black.

So again, I'm sorry that I'm not e-mailing as often as I used to. Drop by here to find out what's going on. Really, don't be a stranger! And I will respond to e-mails sent to me, I'm just going to be slower than usual for a while (6 months).

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SNOW???? Suckers. Nothing here but chilly. I love Highlander. Hope all is well... me and the pups are kickin' back! -Amis

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does he have a sword? Does he have a long black pony-tail?

I laughed so hard I almost choked.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Ha ha ha. No, but get this, my friend's husband (Blox5, look him up!) has swords and he decided the best way to trim all the hedges/shrubs/trees in their yard was with a sword. When he todl her that (in front of me) she said, "No wonder we aren't friends with ANY of our neighbors!!!!!"

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were their neighbor, I'd be outside watching that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home