If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Monday, November 19, 2007

Somebody Ate November

Apparently we are all dog people in my family. Even the distant relatives....

My Aunt came home from work one day to see that my Nana's calendar was on December. Seeing as there is still plenty of November left, my Aunt asked what happened. Nana's response was that "somebody ate November." That somebody was most certainly my Aunt's naughty little Riley dog.

Aldo and Kiki both went to the vet on Friday (Kiki for an ear infection and yearly shots/check-up and Aldo for a chest tap). Well then on Saturday I realized that little miss thing hadn't pooped in days (that I had seen) and yet she sure was trying. With that it was BACK TO THE VET! It turns out that she had eaten charcoal when my dad grilled out on Wednesday (at Lexa's prompting I'm sure) but she didn't chew it very well and it was clogging things up inside. Poor baby! She basically ate rocks! The vet gave her an enema, and then later a bath... Now she's on almost as many meds as Aldo. The newest one is an antibiotic in case she had injuries from internal bleeding. Christ!

Aldo woke me up around 3:00 AM today and was having breathing problems so I took him to the vet this morning. He gained three pounds of fluid since Friday. That's another chest tap for him today. I want my baby to be OK. I want him to get better. I want him to live. My dogs are my family, and I NEED Aldo to be OK. Please pray for him. For us.

I'm sitting at home right now waiting for the vet to call so I can go pick up my little man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home