If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Falling is for old people!

Oops! And me! I've had two recent falls (and neither are the good kind like falling in love).

I was taking out my recyclables last week, and running a little late so I was actually RUNNING up my driveway with the big cart. When I got to the street I (with lots of momentum still) tried to whip the container around so it was facing the right direction for the automated truck to come pick it up. I wheeled it too quickly and as the container began to fall down I realized I was going for a tumble as well. I was then laying in my street, face down, moderately injured, and my first thought was, "I wonder if any of my neighbors saw!" I picked myself up and collected a few stray recyclables and went to work (I noticed later scrapes on my palms and a big bruise on my left elbow).

This week, I dreamt that I was sitting on a sofa outside in NYC (like near Times Square). I was lifting my feet off the ground when some roaches ran by but then someone told me there were a bunch of rats running/climbing up the right hand side of the sofa, and as I flinched/jumped away from them, I REALLY did jump left and threw myself right on out of bed. OOPS! So lame... I fall down repeatedly, now I fall out of bed, I'm a hot mess!!! And no, it's NOT a common occurrence! Although the dogs were more than willing to also get up at 2:30 AM and run outside for a potty break, so it sort of worked out (or at least falls under the category of no harm, no foul).

I need to work on keeping my head in the clouds and feet on the ground!

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Blox said...

Ha, we should have got SOMEONE a walker for her birthday!

So, if you walk like an "older" person, does that mean you classify as a "cougar"? Better update that eHarmony profile ;)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

I'd be willing to be a cougar... I'd MUCH rather have a younger guy than an older one!

=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home