If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Augusten Burroughs


First, let me say that I LOVE and adore the writings of Augusten Burroughs. Dry was phenomenal, I adored Magical Thinking and Possible Side Effects. I anticipated the arrival of his newest book, "A Wolf at the Table, A Memoir of My Father." *sigh*

It just wasn't what I've grown to love or expect. So much of the material was already shared in other books (Running With Scissors especially) and it lacked the humor that his other books used to mesmerize me. Really, I ordered it as soon as it was available on Amazon.com and it was just such a letdown.

I still love Augusten Burroughs, and feel like I'm reading a letter or an e-mail from a dear friend when I read his writings. Please, I'm begging you, write more books like the last few compilations. No more like this one....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home