If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chylothorax Update

Aldo was starting to have a little bit of chyle fluid on his bi-monthly trip to the vet. Not much mind you, but it had previously been down to NONE so even 70 mls was bothering me deep in the pit of my stomach.

My amazing vet (Dr. Erin) called Aldo's surgeon and he said that simply have the port in Aldo *could* cause him to have almost a liter of chyle every other week. So the amounts we are finding are negligible. I finally got to decrease his steroid pills by one per day, and that's making a BIG difference in the potty (and sleep) schedules at my house!

The good news is, Aldo is going on 1.5 hour walks, and doing SUPER well in general! Yay for modern medicine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home