If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Careful What You Wish For!

I had a moment yesterday, like that bad movie Bedazzled with Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley, where I may have gotten my wish, but not the circumstances surrounding it.

In the movie, the devil gives him exactly what he wishes for, but puts a terrible twist on each wish. For example, he wishes to be the richest and most powerful man in the world and married to a certain girl. She makes him a drug lord, constantly being shot at, etc... and although he's married to the right woman, she's miserable and having an affair with someone else.

I wished to no longer work for my boss. But when I wished that, I wished for ME to be the one with a fabulous new job. Nope. My boss gave notice yesterday. He'll be around for another month and then he's gone.

I am not going to be able to successfully complete anything at my current job without him there because he has filtered so much information to me, kept me at an arm's length away from all the information and decision making processes that I WILL fail with him gone. So now I need a new job ASAP!!!!!

Especially with the holidays on the horizon, careful what you wish for!

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, now you have an excuse to demand to know... he's going to be leaving, so you HAVE to know

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Or I can get a new job for mo' money and get the heck out of dodge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home