If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Quite the Undertaking


This is an old school photo of the old family business (as always, click on photo for larger image). Nothing goes together like upholstering, undertaking and furniture! I know, I know, I should watch 6 ft. under, I've heard that one before... but I don't have HBO or Showtime, or whatever the hell that's on. OK, I'll Netflix it soon.

So I had to go to the old funeral home yesterday for my aunt's funeral. My family does NOT put the fun in funeral. Actually, pastor Tim is a pretty cool guy. He was so great to me (and my family) during my grandma's funeral 3 years ago. The funeral really drained me, and it's just so sad. Poor Stella's husband kissed her goodbye in her coffin. I couldn't stop crying after that.

My dad and I found some time (almost 2 hours actually) to do a little walking tour, along the river, after the service. He was telling me about all this cool history, his former school (now an administrative building) an old wooden toy company (now luxury warehouse style condos), etc... I don't think I have that kind of historical knowledge of the city I grew up in. Maybe that's because I'm only 31 and not 61. By the time I'm 61 I'll have good stories to tell too.

I need to knock it off before I start crying while singing "Cat's in the Cradle."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home