If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Horrified!!!!!!

They finally hired someone to replace the guy who retired from my section Feb 28. They have yet to replace my boss (who left Dec 15th or so....) but that's a different story. The new guy attended a section meeting we had today to start to hear what's going on in our world.

He MUST have had long sleeves on when I met him yesterday, because today he had on short sleeves and QUITE the skin condition all over his hands and arms.

The skin condition (better not be contageous!!!!!!!!!!!) looks like a cross of chicken pox and pimples. They are almost all scabbed over and he is COATED in them I'll call it "the plague" from now on.

During our 45 minute staff meeting (there are only four of us), about 10 minutes in, I see him start scratching his plague. EW!!!!!!!

Then, the unthinkable happens. HE PICKS A SCAB AND EATS IT!!!! Yes, this 50 year-old man ate his plague scab!

I look away. It must be a fluke. I'm going to throw up. STOP IT!

I look back, and he DOES IT AGAIN.

So I'm freaking out and trying not to make eye contact with or even look at one of the three other people sitting at the table with me. Very hard to do.

I began tick marks to see how many scabs he would eat. In 30 minutes of a semi-formal meeting he ate 12 scabs. Holy cats! Didn't our boss see that??????

I'm simply horrified.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were being insensitive... until you said that he ate it... Damn... is that worse than picking your nose?

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also thought you were being insensitive until the eating part. Eek!

Is it possible he doesn't know he's doing it?

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

I think it's a tick, a twitch. He CAN'T know that he's doing it.

I think it's worse than picking one's nose in public too!

I was trying so hard NOT to look at him, I never noticed if he's married or not. Almost everyone I work with is... if he is SHAME on his wife for not helping him to stop this madness!!!!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger just sam said...

Srew insesitive! That's just fucking wrong. Someone should tell the guy. Preferrably someone he can't fire. UGH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home