If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Friday, September 08, 2006

Six Miles Plus

My dad and I took the dogs out for a five to six mile (90 minute) walk today. Holy man! Those dogs were tired when we got home. The humans were too!

We followed a lot of bike paths and even saw what looks like a nature preserve smack in the middle of the city. There was a big pond, and about 50 ducks and trees everywhere. You can't see it when you're driving, you have to slow down and walk for this beauty. My dad told me he walks this way when he walks to the movies. I said, "You walk to the movies? This is like the secret life of dad. I had no idea!"

We also saw two women out in a park with 3 children around the 18 month age. We brought the dogs over to say hi and Aldo laid down with three kids petting him (and one banging on his back like a drum) and it was the sweetest thing ever. Such a good boy.

After we got home, we watched a little of a Neil Young concert (such great lyrics, what an incredible man) and then I went to the gym to lift weights.

After the walk, and 30 mins of weights I was pretty much finished for the day. Seriously, I went to watch some Law and Order I had taped and fell asleep for almost 2 hours. Now I need to go make lunch/dinner (at 7:30 PM).

It's been a good day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home