If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Sunday, November 12, 2006

God Damn Mice!

So... I've been hearing a scratching sound in my walls at night for about a month. I don't always hear it, but sometimes it's there.

I knew there had been some mice in my garage, but we (my mom helped) trapped three or four of them and I haven't seen any mice in those traps in weeks.

The wall I hear rodents in is the wall facing my next door neighbors' house where my bedroom and the guest bedroom are located. I have NOT heard them in ANY wall but this wall. I have heard it both in my bedroom and the guest room.

Tonight (after dark) I heard a noise in the guest room and knocked on the wall, and heard a BUNCH of scrambling. IT WAS THE FREAKIEST SOUND EVER!!! I'm sure those things are panicking because of me, but I am so scared and freaked out by them LIVING in my wall. Are they mice? Rats? Freaking squirrels? How much will it cost me to get rid of them? Are they doing any damage in there???

I also have mouse traps in the basement on that side of the house. I have NOT seen any mice in the house, and NOT trapped anything from the basement.

I know there is a hole in the siding on that side of the house. It's pretty high up (close to the 2nd floor window) from a woodpecker. Might rodentia be able to get in there????

God, this is the part of home ownership that SUCKS!

4 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to get some protection... if the spiders in your house have guns... who know's what the mice are packing these days...

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents had birds living in their siding. When I pounded on the wall, I heard a bunch of squawking and scrambling.

Still... whatever it is, you don't want it there.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger vivavavoom said...

Years ago, in a different house, I use to have a squirrel that was trapped in the attic that made the worst sounds and kept me up all night. Definitely get someone out soon. (And thanks for checking out my blog)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

JOHN:

The mice are packing SQUIRRELS!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home