If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Molded As I Was Meant To Be

I've been neglecting this space due to my 200 friends and lil' green patch on Facebook! Sorry....

I got two e-mails this week from guys I knew in middle school. Apparently, the current, modern, 33-year old version of me was determined, written, sculpted, formulated, molded, back about 20 years ago.

When I was in 8th grade I started to become conscious of the outside world. Outside my city, state, country. I also cared about that world. Here I am 20 years later, working for an agency that provides social services to the most needy groups in my state. I donate money, and volunteer my time. I've become more green at my house than almost anyone I know.

Read this message from an old friend/acquaintance of mine:

"I checked out your profile and I could have predicted in 8th grade everything that was on your page! You are a total treehugger, liberal, feminist, potential democratic candidate! I knew it!"

So true.... I was MEANT to be what I have become. =)




And from my 8th grade boyfriend (who is now married):

"
I was telling someone the other day how I was quite a shithead to girls when I was young. I apologize about that. Youth is not an excuse, but its the reason. Best wishes."



So apparently I now have the apology that I should have had 20 years ago. Perhaps this is a new beginning for me. It's time to move forward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home