If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Friday, April 28, 2006

Stage Names

One of my friends (bass player) is in a great band and recording an album. She's also a physician (in her spare time). She sent me an e-mail that her band was called "Wes, Lee & Arden" when she isn't playing, but when she sits in they become "Wes, Lee, Arden and the Doc." I freaking LOVE that! She's "The Doc."

My dad was going to make some harmonica business/networking cards to hand out to people at various jam sessions, open mics, and even at gigs and concerts so that he might find more people to gig with himself. He wanted a stage name for the cards. My thought was "Uncle" because it worked for Uncle Kracker.... and my cousin always calls him that in front of other people (some non-relatives around the city call him Uncle too).

But he's not like other people, he's my dad. He's not entirely normal. He went out today and got ORDAINED off the internet so that he can be the REVEREND. Ah yes, Reverend Dad.

Can I get a hallelujah and an Amen?

9 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Reverend Dad do weddings . . . ?

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The internet is wonderful and I am pleased that your dad utilizes the internet; he is now ordained. Kudos to the Reverned Father Minister Dad.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Mr. Blox,

It would appear that he now can!

Sincerely,
Phaedra

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything's better than Uncle Dad.

;-)

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Phaedra said...

No, no, THAT was never an option! ;)

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN Sister! From Helmet Girl...

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Ha ha ha ha.

Nice helmet by the way.... You need some red flames on it (to make you a tougher grrl!)

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know we're talking about a bike helmet, but I can't get the image of a Wagner-esque opera singer out of my head with those horned, viking helmuts. Haha. Gotta stop listening to opera. ;-)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

You mean like Flava Flav wears?

You can take your culture, and sit back and just watch as I twist it into pop culture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home